Some useful coco docs..
CoCo IO map The most complete map of
the CoCo's memory-mapped I/O that I've found.
Video pinouts for analog RGB monitors with
Floppy Controller Hack to fix the sloppy
decoding in the tandy floppy controller.
HOWTO get the newest release of OS9
onto real disks.
VEF Format The file format of the
OS-9 VDG Extended Format image file.
Unless otherwise noted, all software here is distributed under the
GNU Copyleft 2.0 Agreement. See the file COPYING.
- TEXT.BAS sector-by-sector file viewer
- HEXLIST.BAS hexadecimal file viewer
- RANDOM.ARC Random number
generator for DEFT Pascal. TCarc archive.
- TEXTHDB.BAS RGBDOS/HDBDOS aware
sector-by-sector file viewer
- HEXHDB.BAS RGBDOS/HDBDOS aware
hexadecimal file viewer
- LOGOTOOL.ARC Read/write Color LOGO
disks from Disk BASIC. TCarc archive.
These are a collection of freeware utilities, NOT my
work, not covered by the GNU copyleft.
- Dagorpatch virtual disk.
Run Dungeons of Dagorath from disk. Notmine/shareware.
- decomp.dsk.zip virtual disk
with all? the Disk BASIC
compression/decompression programs for CoCo 3.
- dcomp2.dsk.zip CoCo 2
version of the above. Doesn't have all the goodies, because
some simply won't run on a coco2.
- toc.zip The old toc/fromc/dirc
programs. Read/write CoCo BASIC disks from
- regexp.lzh Henry Spenser's "nearly
public-domain" regular expression library, compiled under OS-9
- banner2.lzh PD System V banner
- hr2vef.lzh Convert BASIC hscreen
bitmaps to OS9 VEF files.
- ar15.lzh Wierd version of AR that
might be needed for old archives. PD/Shareware/Not mine.
- man1.lzh Viewer for program docs
- pic2vef.lzh Convert CoCo
Deskmate 3 PAINT files (.PIC) to OS9 VEF files.
- dmapps.lzh Convert CoCo 3
Deskmate 3 icons into Multi-Vue icons.
- Preliminary Curses library
release 0.11 A working but fragile Curses
- tset dynamically set the terminal
type for OS-9
- ctuser.lzh Required termcap
support files for OS-9. PD.
- random.lzh OS-9 Pascal random
- wsc06.lzh VERY simple source
control system for OS-9. New! Log entries can have commas!
- focal3.lzh OS-9 port of the FOCAL
interpeter from the Retrocomputing museum. PD.
- cprep19b.lzh Important
replacement for the OS-9 C preprocessor. PD.
- xbmutils.lzh Display and
convert X windows monochrome bitmaps under OS-9LII. Also, xbms09s.lzh some sample XBM files.
CoCo OS-9 CPREP
I am the "official" maintainer for
CPREP, the ANSI C preprocessor for the OS-9/6x09 C compiler.
Source and binary are cprep19b.lzh.
This is not my work, and will probably go away
if Boyle complains or gets his own webpage back up.
Therefore, this is not covered by the GNU copyleft.
- IDE 2.0 drivers for 6809 and
- detect_ide BASIC09 ide
detection and test program
- teststat BASIC09 to test added
getstat calls in the IDE2.0 driver
- undel_up rbf30b, the latest
(hopefully) 6809 RBF, supports multi-sector clusters and
undelete. Or even better, download the newest OS-9 Level I or II
- Glenside1.0.zip The Glenside
1.0 driver disk. Includes source, utilities, and
- gs10ut.zip Glenside 1.0 utilities.
Includes detect_ide, recluster, and lformat. You need these for
use with the 2.0 drivers.
The IDE 2.0 drivers are BETA code, but seem to be pretty solid.
However, there are two fixes...
TRS-80 Model 100
All.BA files are gzipped to preserve Tandy 8-bit
For Unix and Linux
- 6309sim.tar.gz Lex's 6309
simulator. For big-endian machines. Also runs on AmigaDOS
- rt20.tar.gz Regression Tester 2.0
- condense.tar.gz Pull useful(?) info from apache http logs. Written in ICON.
- Local fortune file. Anime, transformers, Tech references. Fortune(6) would call some of them obscene. strfile it yourself!
- asm80.tar.gz 8080 cross
assembler I use for Model 100 programming. This is the original
archive off the Net and modern GCC doesn't like it.
New version of asm80, hacked to generate correct Intel HEX files and
compile with modern GCC. I recommend this version. Thanks to Daryl
Tester for his help!
- C80FNS.C a C/80 library from
Simtel with a bug corrected in outp(). UPDATE 12/25/2015 INP()
and OUTP() are now interrupt-safe. Old versions weren't and could
cause crashes on interrupt-driven CP/M machines.
Teletek SysteMaster Specific:
- 22Disk Definition for
Teletek SysteMaster BIOS v. C.00 5.25" 35-track
double-sided disk format.
- LEDS.ZIP Software for the
wire-wrap LED board in my Teletek. Also LEDS.LBR. Requires the fixed C80FNS.C
file above. UPDATE 11/8/2011! BASIC RTC programs can find the
RTC on their own!
- RTC.ZIP Support for the
Teletek's real-time clock. Also RTC.LBR. Requires the fixed C80FNS.C
library above. UPDATE 11/8/2011! BASIC RTC programs can find the
RTC on their own!
RISC OS ZIP files include machine-dependant filetype data that will
be lost if unarchived under any other OS!
All programs in this section are compiled for modern 32-bit RISC OS
5. Specifically developed and tested on a Raspberry Pi 2.
- ECCE a Context Editor from the
dawn of computing history. Copyright by the University of
Edinburgh. Runs in a taskwindow or full-screen. The original source
archive at the University of Edinburgh. Notmine/unsupported
- BUGGY!!!memacs32.zip MicroEMACS 3.11 for RISC OS
recompiled for 32bit. Full screen only. The original source for
is memacs.spk Notmine/unsupported
- libutils32.zip MOST
of the ancient GNU support library needed to compile
memacs. Everything needed for memacs works. Original archive
Notmine/unsupported and incomplete. Don't depend on this for any new
- fue32.zip Folding UEMACS 3.10
compiled for 32bit RISC OS. Full Screen only. Notmine/unsupported.
- xlisp21-32.zip XLISP+ 2.1
with WIMP frontend recompiled for 32-bit RISC
Another editor with roots dating back to the dawn of computing,
the NE editor. 26bit only, no source. Notmine/unsupported.
ne-1.31-20190530-32bit.zip NE 1.31 compiled for 32bit
RISC OS. Includes full source. Notmine/unsupported.
- xscheme028-32.zip a R3RS
scheme with XLISP objects. Recompiled for 32bit RISC